We collect personal information through various means including through this website in the course of our business dealings with you. “Personal Information” is information that identifies and relates to you or other individuals related to you.
Personal Information That We Collect
The Personal Information we may collect about you and individuals related to you depends on your relationship with us. These may include:
- Identification and contact information
Name, address, e-mail address, telephone details, gender, marital status, date of birth, passwords, educational background, physical attributes, records, such as driving records, photos, employment history, skills and experience, professional licenses and affiliations, relationship to the participant, person covered or claimant, and date and cause of death, injury or disability.
- Identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies
National registration card number, Employee Provident Fund number, passport number, tax identification number, military identification number, or driver’s or other license number.
- Financial information and account details
Payment card number, bank account number and account details, credit history and credit score, assets, income and other financial information.
- Medical condition and health status
Current or previous physical or mental or medical condition, health status, injury or disability information, medical procedures performed, personal habits (for example, smoking or consumption of alcohol), prescription information and medical history.
- Other sensitive information
We may receive sensitive information about your religious beliefs, ethnicity, political opinions, family medical history or genetic information in some cases. We may also obtain information about your criminal record or civil litigation history in the process of preventing, detecting and investigating fraud. We may also receive sensitive information if you voluntarily provide it to us.
- Telephone recordings
Telephone call recordings to our staff, representatives or contact centers.
- Information enabling us to provide products and services
Location and identification of property covered (for example, property address, vehicle license plate or identification number), travel plans, age, categories of individuals you wish to cover, certificate and claim numbers, coverage/peril details, cause of loss, prior accident or loss history, ownership or management interest in an organization, and other takaful or insurance you hold.
- Marketing preferences and customer feedback
You may inform us of your marketing preferences, enter a contest or prize draw or other sales promotion, or respond to a customer satisfaction survey.
How We Use Personal Information
We use this Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you and others as part of our business.
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the website and other administrative information.
- Make decisions about whether to provide takaful cover, takaful assistance services, including claim assessment, processing and settlement, and, where applicable, manage claim disputes.
- Assess your eligibility for payment plans, and process your contribution and other payments.
- Provide improved quality, training and security (for example, with respect to recorded or monitored phone calls to our contact numbers).
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud and money laundering, and analyze and manage other commercial risks.
- Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys.
- Provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners) in accordance with preferences you have expressed.
- Personalize your experience on our website by presenting information and advertisements tailored to you.
- Allow you to participate in contests, prize draws and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these carefully.
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing, finance and accounting, billing and collections, IT systems, data and website hosting, business continuity, and records, document and print management.
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism, comply with legal process, and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence).
- Establish and defend legal rights, protect our operations or those of any takaful business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others, and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
How We Collect Personal Information
Takaful IKHLAS collects personal information via various channels. The usual channels by which we do so are when:
- you request a quotation for our products;
- you submit a proposal form to Takaful IKHLAS for the participation in our products;
- you interact with any of our agents or representatives;
- you respond to our request for additional personal data;
- you access our website and perform an online transaction;
- you interact with our customer service officers;
- you are contacted by, and respond to, our telemarketers; and/or
- you participate in any of our contests or promotions.
Transfer of Personal Information Outside Malaysia
Due to the nature of our some of our products, for the purposes set out above we may transfer Personal Information to parties located in other countries. For example, we may transfer Personal Information in order to process international travel takaful claims and provide emergency medical assistance services when you are abroad. We may transfer information internationally to our service providers, business partners and governmental or public authorities.
Sharing of Personal Information
Takaful IKHLAS may make Personal Information available to:
- Companies within the MNRB Holdings Group
Access to Personal Information within Group is restricted to those individuals who have a need to access the information for our business purposes.
- Other takaful and distribution parties
In the course of marketing and providing takaful coverage, and processing claims, Takaful IKHLAS may make Personal Information available to third parties such as other takaful operators or insurers, retakaful operators or reinsurers, takaful or insurance and retakaful or reinsurance brokers and other intermediaries and agents, appointed representatives, distributors, affinity marketing partners, and financial institutions, securities firms and other business partners.
- Our service providers
External third-party service providers, such as medical professionals, accountants, actuaries, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors, travel and medical assistance providers, call center service providers, breakdown assistance, IT systems, support and hosting service providers, printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers, banks and financial institutions that service our accounts, third-party claim administrators, document and records management providers, claim investigators and adjusters, construction consultants, engineers, examiners, translators, and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
Takaful IKHLAS may also share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including but not limited to, workers’ compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies), and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence, (b) to comply with legal process, (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, (d) to enforce our terms and conditions, (e) to protect our operations (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others, and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
- Other third parties
We may share Personal Information with payees, emergency providers (fire, police and medical emergency services), retailers, medical networks, organizations and providers, travel carriers, credit bureaus, credit reporting agencies, and other people involved in an incident that is the subject of a claim, as well as purchasers and prospective purchasers or other parties in any actual or proposed reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other transaction relating to all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
Takaful IKHLAS will take appropriate measures, which are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any Personal Information you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us.
When Takaful IKHLAS provides Personal Information to a service provider, the service provider will be selected carefully and required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Information.
Retention of Personal Information
Personal Information of other individuals
We will provide you with regular opportunities to tell us your marketing preferences, including in our communications to you. You can contact us at email@example.com to tell us your marketing preferences and to opt-out.
We aim to comply with your opt-out request(s) within a reasonable time period. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your Personal Information. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you other important administrative communications from which you cannot opt-out.
Access and Correction Requests, Questions and Concerns
You have the right to access, and correct your Personal Information. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any such requests or if you have any questions or concerns about how we process Personal Information. Please note that some Personal Information may be exempt from access or correction in accordance with local privacy and data protection laws.
Other Information We Collect Through the Website
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser information;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you; and
- Aggregated information.
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your internet browser: Certain information is collected by most websites, such as your IP address (i.e., your computer’s address on the internet), screen resolution, operating system type (Windows or Mac) and version, internet browser type and version, time of the visit and the page(s) visited. We use this information for purposes such as calculating website usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the website.
- From you: Some information (for example, your location or preferred means of communication) is collected when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you.
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then, in addition to the uses listed in the “Other Information We Collect” section above, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
Third party Websites
LAST UPDATED on 28 May 2014