We will set clear timeline for claims settlement process and strive to settle claims within these prescribed timeline and in a transparent manner.
We have set clear timeline for claims settlement process and strive to settle claims within these prescribed timelines and in a transparent manner by adopting the following procedures:-
- Customers will be informed of the estimated time taken for claims settlement process and expected service standard.
This information shall be made available upon inquiry at branches, call center 03-27239696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customers shall be informed on the acknowledgment of their claim within 7 working days from receipt of claims notification.
- All claims notifications through agents must reach us 3 working days, except for crime related claims which should be notified within 24 hours from time of loss.
- If documentation/information is incomplete, customers shall be informed within 14 working days from acknowledgement of the claim by the Claims Department.
- Claims procedures and assign timelines to it, i.e. appointment of adjuster, claims assessment, etc. is available in our website eikhlas.com.my
- Customers will be updated on the progress / decision every 14 working days. For General Claims motor/non motor; customer may check status via website eikhlas.com.my
- In the event of a catastrophe / disaster, e.g. large number of claims may be received, as such meeting timelines stipulated may not be possible, we will strive to update every 20 working days on the progress.
Note: Claims settlement and timeline for general insurance business is governed by Bank Negara Malaysia’s Guideline on Claims Settlement Practices and general insurers / takaful operators shall operate accordingly.
We will inform customer of the next level of escalation if the claims settlement / rejection is not to his/her satisfaction
We will keep the customer informed of the next level of escalation if the claims settlement /repudiation is not to his/her satisfaction.
- Customers shall be provided with available channels to appeal on a decision / raise disputes upon inquiry at branches, call center 03-27239696 or email email@example.com.
- 2. Any letter of rejection/repudiation of any element of a claim and dispute on quantum which is within the purview of the Financial Ombudsman Scheme, will include following statement prominently:--
“Any person who is not satisfied with the decision of the Insurer / Takaful Operator, should refer to the procedure for appeal as stated in the leaflet issued by the Financial Ombudsman Scheme, entitled: ………
(Note: for the certificate owners who made a claim/report).